JOB DESCRIPTION: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Under direction of the Chief Executive Officer, provides
professional medical services in the community health center.
DUTIES, FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Developing, reviewing, and implementing clinical practice
• Organizing and facilitating staff development activities
such as clinical practice updates, journal clubs, and chronic illness
• Reviewing clinical practice by developing and
participating in medical record audits, peer review, and other practice review
• Providing medical practice oversight for primary care
operations in all community health center facilities to include involvement in
individual provider practice and primary care program operations.
• Providing input and guidance regarding after hours call
systems and provider hospital privileges.
• Providing medical practice perspective and guidance with
regard to managed care issues.
• Providing medical practice perspective and guidance to
primary care partnerships with other organizations and community partners,
participate in negotiation of partnership contracts and agreements.
• Assuring quality practices are promoted by the development
of practice guidelines, staff development activities, clinical practice review.
• Assuring coordination of activities and clinical practice
for medical care and clinical services.
• Developing and maintaining systems for recruiting, hiring,
credentialing and evaluating physicians.
• Developing and maintaining systems for medical provider
• Participating in and providing medical leadership and
perspective in Quality
Assurance/Improvement committee, Credentialing Committee and Leadership Group.
• Coordinating with Chief of Nursing Services regarding
nurse practitioner and nursing practice issues in clinical operations and
• Providing medical perspective and leadership in critical
incident reviews and other medical practice aspects of risk management.
• Providing medical practice perspective with regard to department
billing procedures and policies.
• Facilitating and coordinating medical student and resident
training opportunities and placements in the development.
• Assuring that appropriate contracts are in place to address
liability, student health, and placement issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the principles and practice of preventive
• Knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to
medicine and to community health centers.
• Knowledge of the structure and function of community
• Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
• Graduation from a college or university accredited by the
Association with a Doctor of Medicine degree or accredited
by the American Osteopathic Association with a Doctor or Osteopathy degree.
Successful completion of an approved program of residency training in family
• Board Certification in Family Practice preferred; 3-5
years of clinical experience in one or more areas of medicine; 3-5 years of
administrative or supervisory experience, preferably in an ambulatory setting.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• License to practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma.
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 603
Jay, OK 74346
918-253-4683 ext. 117
Posted on Wed, January 22, 2014
by Alison Williams